To access your account for the first time:
1) Go to http://trentham.fireflycloud.net
2) Click on the green box, enter your email address (the one registered with school that we use to send you messages) and click Activate Account
3) Check your email inbox (the registered parent account for the school) for a message from Firefly
4) Follow the email instructions to login and create a password
5) Click on your child’s name to access attendance / homework information
All homework tasks are now being set on Firefly – in many cases, as well as the description of the task, there will also be resources to help completion. Tasks set will have a code at the beginning to indicate what is expected of students:
CLASS: This is an activity that will be taking place during lesson time
EXT: This is an activity that will take place outside lesson time. It will be marked and feedback given to the student.
PREP: This is an activity that needs to be completed before the next lesson but will not be graded – for example, gathering materials to use in an Art lesson or finding a newspaper article for Geography.
Most EXT tasks will be graded so that parents will know not only that work was completed, but also how well. These are on a 1-4 scale:
1. Completed to deadline and at target level or better
2. Completed to deadline and approaching target level
3. Completed to deadline but not at an acceptable level
4. Not completed
Other tasks such as quizzes will have an overall mark displayed.
If you have any queries about Firefly or can’t log in please use the email@example.com address for emails.